Sunday, September 28, 2014

EuroTrip: Bonjour, Paris!

Even after the entire trip, as I look back Paris is still my favorite part. I had lived there in college and had creamed about going back there. And now, I had finally made it back. Only this time, it was even better. I had Phil with me and we got to have a lot of alone time in Paris.

Phil & I. We survived snails! 8/2014
Before leaving London, Phil gave me my birthday present early. I saved writing about it until now because he had planned to give it to me in Paris at the Eiffel Tower because he knew that many years ago when I had lived there and was wide-eyed and not even 21 yet, that I had made a promise to myself that I would return to Paris with the man I would marry and finally climb the Eiffel Tower which I had visited a lot, but never went up.

Eiffel Tower. Typical Tourist. 8/2014
Instead though, Phil gave it to me in our hotel room in London. It is a beautiful necklace with a heart charm. In it, there are two amethyst hearts meaning him and I and then around it is a bigger gold heart that represents our love and the bigger heart has diamonds in it, showing our future. He said it's our promise necklace that once we're both better situated, that we will get married. It was perfect. I absolutely love it and it really made London okay even after all of the crap we went through.

I wore it for the rest of our trip.

I wore it our first night of Paris too. We had dinner with our group and then had a bus tour of Paris before we stopped and had champagne and escargot. I had never had it before and probably will not have it again, but it was not as awful as I thought it would be. It tasted like butter and garlic and had a bouncy consistency. Phil swallowed his like a pill out of disgust.

Our next stop was the Eiffel Tower were we took so many pictures, but my favorite is the one of us together.

Phil & I. Eiffel Tower. 8/2014
We decided to head back to the hotel early and spend time alone. We got to bed early because we knew the next day we were going to pack everything in and do something special for my upcoming birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment