Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Big 3-7

Phil turned 37 yesterday. This was a birthday of reflection for him, I think. I left him yesterday morning in bed, his eyes wide and fixed on the ceiling. He wasn't buzzing around me like usual as I got ready for work. He wasn't saying much other than her loved me.


Part of me wondered if I should go to work. I did and he was fine. He spent his day reflecting on his life, losing his dad (he was 28 at the time, it still bothers him a lot) and where life was going. After I got home, his mother, sister and his sister's boyfriend took us out for Mexican food. There's a place a few towns over from us. A real hole in the wall-- but it's the most delicious Mexican food you will ever have.

Afterwards, we came back to our house and had the pistachio pudding cake that I had made him. I used this recipe, but I doubled the pudding mix for both the cake and icing. For the icing I also used 16 oz of cool whip and almond milk. Almond milk will not let the pudding stiffen, but with the added cool whip and pudding mix, it will make an extremely delicious icing. I had a lot left over so I froze it and we've been eating it like ice cream.

I really think this is going to be Phil's best year yet. Mine too.We have a lot of adventures in the works, including going to Disney World over the week before Christmas. It's going to be packed, but really magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment